Sunday, September 21, 2008

BTBB: 7 Habits of Highly Effective People


Language: English


Title: The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People


Authors: Stephen R. Covey


Pages: 370


ISBN: 0-7432-6951-9


Years: 2004


Nature of the books: Motivation, Self-Development

_______________________________________


How do I come across the book?


Well, this is another being forced to read by my ex superior who are very theoretical based. But, I do find this book is a good book, and I am kind of like it very much because it talks about human behavior, and reading it, helps to change your mindset, and the way you think and look at thing; at the end of the days, the change of paradigm helps you to become a more effective person.


How do I find this book?


This book is good as I mention earlier; basically it split into 3 mains chapter, and relates about 7 important habits.


Chapter ONE: Private Victory (about yourself, changing the mindset!)


Habit ONE: Be Proactive

Habit TWO: Begin with the end in mind

Habit THREE: Put first things first


Chapter TWO: Public Victory (about you look at thing around you)


Habit FOUR: Think Win-Win

Habit FIVE: Seek first to understand, then to be understood

Habit SIX: Synergize


Chapter THREE: Renewal (about you influencing people to change…)


Habit SEVEN: Sharpen the saw


How has it helped me in my life, work or any others…?


It helps me to understand how thing work in company and my life; it helps me to understand people around me and knowing why they do something, or anything, and how we can seek to understand; overall, it helps me to think more positively!

No comments: