Wednesday, September 17, 2008

BTBB: Money & You!


Language: Mandarin


Title:Money & You: I love money, but love you more!


Authors: Someone name, Dr. Lim


Total Pages: 328 (I stop at 223, and couldn’t continue anymore!)


ISBN: 957-30975-1-6


Year: 2005


Nature of the book: Motivation


_______________________________________


How do I come across the book?


One day, I asked my dad to courier something for me from my hometown; and he sent this book to me together in the package. Then I started reading since its from my dad; I thought it would be something interesting, who knows, it sound more like a direct marketing seminar than a motivation book! That’s why I finally decided to stop reading at page 223! Damn! Wasted my time!


How do I find this book?


Early chapter looks good; you can certainly learn some theory or philosophy from this book that can change your mindset, and eventually change your attitude. Some sharing like below, translated,


In this century, the market is no longer about ‘Big fish eats small fish’; it is about speed! Speed is the critical success factor! (Page 36)


If I play poker and get a bad card in hand, I have 2 options,; I either give up! Or I play it well in such a way that I will never regret! (Page 40)


The problem with human is that human see more thing than can remember; so mind mapping becomes important. (Page 75)


How has it helped me in my life, work or any others…?


It does help me in some way, in my thinking, and also how I see thing in my work; but not much. Every few chapters in the book, you will find some ‘participants’ sharing their experiences after attending the seminar, and it get worse until a point where it assures you it is one seminar you can not miss! That’s where it makes me feel like I am actually in a direct marketing seminar when I read the book! DAMN!


No comments: